I think today deserves a giggle…but it does not deserve a leak!!
You’ve heard the WORD?? You know…Incontinence? Yes? A very big word describing a very big problem! Yup…that unwanted release of urine! If you are not stationed over a toilet (or beside a tree…outhouse…etc.) and have not released your pelvic floor muscles in an effort to empty your bladder then you have officially had an “unwanted release of urine”! And this my friends is NEVER NORMAL!! It is INCREDIBLY COMMON…but never normal!
And you know what…it can happen with poop too! Insert sad face. This is all too much for a Wednesday! However, if we do not acknowledge that incontinence is a problem, then how will we know to look for the solution? Did you know that:
- more than 1 in 5 Canadian adults will experience some type of bladder control problem, resulting in an involuntary release of urine.
- bladder leakage affects about 10 per cent of the population in Canada, or about 3.5 million Canadians in total.
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 10 men live with distressing bladder symptoms.
- 26% of Canadians with any bladder problem have visited a doctor or healthcare professional about it.
- 10 to 30% of women have some form of bladder leakage after menopause, often during exercise activities or after laughing or sneezing.
- mature adults who cited having bladder leakage issues were 50% were more likely to experience loneliness.
- 5 years after delivery, 1/3 to ½ of women report some degree of leakage if left untreated.
A solution you ask? Why Pelvic Physiotherapy of course! Pelvic Physiotherapist have the specialized skills and knowledge base to treat both urinary and fecal incontinence! Visit abodyinmotion.ca to learn more!
#incontinence #peeleaks #commonnotnormal #pelvicfloortherapy #pelvicfloormuscles #pelvicphysio #pelvicphysiotherapy #abodyinmotion #ABIM #ABIMPelvicPhysiotherapyCentre #pelvichealth #womenshealth #menshealth #bladdercontrol #bowelcontrol #kwawesome #kwphysio #kwpelvicphysiotherapy