A BODY IN MOTION IS OPENING ITS DOORS…SLOWLY AND SAFELY!
We are incredibly excited to be resuming treatment in our clinics on Wednesday, June 3rd and look forward to seeing all of you…in person!! As you are well aware, the world has changed over the last several weeks. Those who are familiar with ABIM will know that the health of our clients is, and always has been of the utmost importance to us and moving forward, remains our highest priority. We have always maintained the highest level of cleanliness and have ensured that when in our clinics, you are always safe and protected, and now, we are taking those standards to the next level.
As we return, you will be introduced to some policies and practices that may be different than what any of us are used to. However, in an effort to keep everyone safe and healthy, they are essential! We must ask that these policies be followed by everyone entering the clinics. We will look a little different and the clinic will look a little different but I promise you, you will receive the very same compassionate care that you have come to know, and expect at ABIM! Our team has used this time in isolation to enhance our skills, deepen our knowledge base and prepare to return stronger and better than ever!
We would like to give priority to our current clients, and we will be contacting them in the next few days to offer them the appointments that they have been patiently waiting for.
New Policies and Procedures to Maintain a Safe and Healthy Environment
What We Are Asking of Our Patients
- Patients are asked to wear their own masks into the clinic (please put on PRIOR TO entering the clinic). We do have some masks available and ask that you notify us before entering if you are in need of a mask.
- We ask that patients wait in their vehicle until their scheduled appointment time at which time they will be welcomed by their therapist.
- You will find a hand sanitization station at the entrance of the clinic and we ask that you sanitize your hands immediately upon entering.
- We are required to do an active screening for COVID symptoms upon your arrival so you will be asked a series of screening questions. We ask that you review the screening questions that will be sent to you electronically and should you answer YES to any of these questions prior to attending, we ask that you call to reschedule your appointment. Please understand that COVID is an extremely contagious virus and the safety of everyone in the clinic is our number one priority.
- Please arrive in treatment ready clothing.
- Please arrive on time for appointments. Government regulations will not allow us to extend your appointment times as there will be restrictions on number of people in the clinic at one time.
- Please attend your appointments alone. If someone is coming to assist you, we will ask that they assist you to the door and then wait in their vehicle for you to finish your appointment.
- You will be directed to paperwork that must be completed PRIOR to your appointment. In an effort to reduce paper handling in clinic, we ask that you complete the paperwork and return it electronically BEFORE your scheduled appointment.
Our Team’s Responsibilities
- All team members will be wearing a surgical mask for the duration of their shift.
- Therapists will wash their hands (soap and water OR approved hand sanitizer) before and after ever patient.
- Clothing will be changed following each shift to decrease risk of contamination in the community.
- You will find our administrative staff behind plexiglass. We ask that you please not peek around the plexiglass.
Clinic Set up to Ensure Physical Distancing and Patient Safety
- Treatment bed use will be alternated to maintain physical distancing and to allow sufficient time for sanitization.
- There will be limited use of gym space and equipment in order to minimize the risk of contamination.
- Common areas and high touched surfaces will be disinfected regularly.
- You will find hand sanitizer in several locations throughout the clinic.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon! Thank you for the ongoing messages of support as well as your patience! We are so grateful to have such wonderful clients!